Thu, Jun 20|
The Thomas Aschenbrener Center for Phila
An Empress Rules Experience: Equitable Leadership - A Connection of Champions
Join Kheoshi Owens, CEO and Master Facilitator of Empress Rules Equity Consulting, as we work together towards social justice.
Time & Location
Jun 20, 2019, 9:30 AM – 4:00 PM
The Thomas Aschenbrener Center for Phila, 221 NW 2nd Ave, Portland, OR 97209, USA
About the event
Purchase tickets here.
Join Kheoshi Owens, CEO and Master Facilitator of Empress Rules Equity Consulting, as we work together towards social justice. We cannot wait for others to tell us when it is time to act. Let us come together and perform a SWOT analysis of our mindsets. All of our activities are facilitated via the experiential learning cycle, meaning that our gathering will provide opportunities for interactive engagement, personal and organizational reflection, connection, accountability, and real change. The intention of our meeting is to answer the following questions:
- What are the potential impacts of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion on my business?
- What are the impacts of historical inequities on people of color in our city? Inside organizations?
- What are the tangible tools that I can take with me today to have conversations about race and the intersectionalities of race in my organization?
- How do I identify racial, gender, and ableist bias that exists in my organization and take actionable steps toward change?
- Who are like-minded, antiracist individuals and organizations that my organization can partner with to take corporate social responsibility and hold my organization accountable for making change in our neighborhoods, our city, and our world?
Lunch and snacks will be provided. Join us and change your legacy today!